The Misadventures of Allergy Hat 2
A few weeks ago, I built a top hat that is also an air purifier. Last week, I stated building a second one. I wanted to improve on the design, and take photos of the process to show to the rest of you.
I was hoping for this to be a triumphant post about how I built a great hat, but, well… you'll see.
- A bunch of scrap cardboard.
- Cloth with a flowery pattern, to cover the finished hat.
- A bit of an old sleeping pad.
- A USB cord with one end missing.
- A 5V 40mm static pressure fan (NF-A4x20 5V).
- A 6"x4" HEPA filter.
- A box of cut-to-fit pre-filter, which I cut to the same size as the HEPA filter.
- Some thin nonporous foam, for making things airtight.
- Some white glue.
- Some clear packing tape.
Out of these materials, my only significant costs were for the fan (about $16) and [...]Continue reading The Misadventures of Allergy Hat 2...